WE LOVE ALEXA ~ AND HER HAIR... There are 3 key elements to creating Alexa’s look: colour, cut and simply styling, here's how to her look:
STEP ONE: COLOUR
Alexa may have been one of the first A-List celebs to adopt the highly popular balayage look.
For a subtle look just like Alexa opt for a shade that is 2-3 shades lighter than your natural hair colour.
STEP TWO: CUT
Want to nail Alexa’s style? Then it is time to cut your hair! Alexa’s signature chin length hair is accompanied by her trademark centre part and softly layered shaggy bob. The fringe accentuates her eyes and finishes the look perfectly. Ask your stylist to look at your face shape and structure to advise you on what length bob and fringe would best suit your personal features.
STEP THREE: STYLEStep 1. To recreate Alexa’s signature casually messy do wrap the middle lengths of your hair around a curling wand, ensuring you leave the ends free. Hold the hair around the wand for 5 seconds before releasing.
Step 2. Continue this step with the rest of your hair, sectioning hair randomly and without any consistency regarding section thicknesses.
Step 3. When you have lightly curled all of your hair (remember you are avoiding the roots and the ends) lightly run your fingers through your hair to mess up the finished look. Step 4. Spray a light spritz of hairspray over your tresses to lock this style into place.
* Apply a twenty cent sized dollop of straightening balm to clean, wet hair before you start to towel dry. The excess water will help distribute the balm evenly and prevent product overload.
* Blot hair dry with towel to avoid damaging the hair shaft.
* Detangle locks with a wide-tooth comb – starting at the ends and working up to the roots to avoid any knots damaging your hair.
* Blow-dry hair haphazardly until it’s at least 80 percent dry. Sopping wet hair takes too long to blow dry - and won’t hold your style.
* Separate your hair into small, workable sections, then use your brush to pull each section taut as you dry it completely starting from your roots working your way to the ends. Always aim the dryer down the hair shaft - it helps the hair cuticle lie flat which is the trick to sleek hair.
* Once dry, blast your hair with cool air to seal the cuticles, then spritz lightly with shine spray.